A ride on the Coonoor to Mettupalayam Toy Train offers pristine scenic views that remains carved in your mind for lifetime. The amazing train winds its way through beautiful mountains and emerald fields.
Nilgiri Mountain Railways is an epitome of the engineering and technical works, involved in laying the railway service through the rugged mountainous terrain.
The 56137 Udagamandalam to Mettupalayam train can be boarded from Coonoor at 15.15 hours which reaches Mettupalayam at 17.35 hours. From Mettupalayam you can take a taxi or bus for your onward journey.
Keeping in view the huge demand for the tickets, the best way to get the tickets is to book it online through Indian Railways website www.irctc.co.in 2-3 months in advance rather than standing in the long queue at the ticket counter.
Railway Station Codes
Train Class & No of Seats
- First Class: 12 Seats
- Second Sitting: 79 Seats
Things to Note
- No restrooms in train use them at Railway Station before boarding.
- Not more than 4 tickets per person at the booking window.
- Huge Crowd on holidays/weekends and during the peak season.
- Book at least two to three months in advance.
- There is no catering services in the train hence do pack your Tiffin boxes.
The intriguing railway journey takes you through striking scenery before you reach your destination.So grab a seat on the wooden chairs preferably next to the windows for a comfortable and closer gaze at the outside scenery.