Cairn Hill Ooty Entry Fee
20 per person for Adults
10 per person for Children
350 per person for Trekking
Cairn Hill Ooty Phone
Rating: | 3.6/5 stars
Based on total 37 reviews
Cairn Hill Ooty Address: 5 kilometres away from Udhagamandalam, MDR1071, West Mere, Ooty, Tamil Nadu, 643004, India
If you wish to be with nature far away from the maddening crowd and unwanted noises of the city life on your Ooty tour, you should visit Crian Hill once. Perched on Avalanche Road, Crian Hill is a reserved forest site that has gained the attention of people from different walks of life for its serenity and natural beauty. It’s a kind of place that moves to its own rhythm and bestows a tranquil atmosphere to let people relax and unwind at their own pace.
Established in the year 1860, Cairn Hill is a beautiful spot that offers many eco huts for tourists to enjoy a blissful staycation in the arms of nature. Wake up early in the morning to witness sunrise and dance to the sound of nature. You can also visit the canteen to treat your taste buds with delicious food. The on-site canteen at Cairn Hill serves a variety of food items at reasonable prices.
Things to do at Cairn Hill, Ooty
Considered one of the best sightseeing places in Ooty, Cairn Hill offers umpteen things to do for tourists of all age groups. Depending on your holiday duration, you can engage yourself in one of the following activities:
1. Trekking: Experience trekking to lose yourself in the majestic displays of nature. It has a soulful trekking trail that was earlier used by the Britishers to enjoy nature walks with their loved ones. On your way, you will come across several dense forests, dainty brooks, and flora and fauna which is no less than a treat to watch.
2. Bird Watching: Paradise for bird watchers, Cairn Hill is a place where you can spot a diverse range of bird species that are a sight to behold. These include Indian Hornbill, Canary Flycatcher, Amur Falcon, White Throated Kingfisher, Kestrel, Pied Bushchat, Crested Serpent Eagle, and many more.
3. Jeep Safari: The next exciting thing to do here is the jeep safari. You can book a private vehicle to roam around the forests through an unexplored area where you can not only admire the luscious scenery and picturesque settings but also soak in the vibes in your comfort. Surrounded by hills, woods, and mesmerizing meadows, the jeep safari allows you to witness some views that are definitely jaw-dropping.
4. Watch Tower: Head to the Watch Tower to overlook a 360-degree view of the verdant valleys and surrounding areas from the vantage point. It is undoubtedly a great spot for all those who don’t mind going the extra mile to witness the beauty of mountains and emerald forests to please their mind and soothe their inner soul. Please note that the watch tower is also used by the authorities of Cairn Hill to spot unusual activities like forest fires and animal movements within the forest.
5. Hanging Bridge Walk: Do not miss walking on the hanging bridge whenever you pay a visit to Cairn Hill as it is one of the best and most thrilling activities to do here at this location. Try to climb and cross it once, if not twice, for a kind of experience that will surely give you goosebumps.
6. Do Shopping: Shop from a variety of tribal products and see what interests you the most. The wide range of souvenirs that are put on exhibition sale are woodworks, local candles, and wicker baskets. There is also an Eco-Shop within the premises that sells a large assortment of knick knacks and other cutesy stuff made from eco-friendly material. You can purchase whatever you like to cherish your visit for a lifetime.
Entry Fee and Timings of Cairn Hill, Ooty
To explore the Cairn Hill Reserve Forest, you need to pay INR 20 per person for adults and INR 10 per person for children. If you’re interested in enjoying a trek there, you’ll have to pay INR 350 per head for it. For accommodation of two people in Eco-Cottages, it charges INR 1350 for its visitors.
Coming to its timings, the reserve forest remains open throughout the time, but the ideal timings would be from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all days and the recommended exploration time is 1-2 hours.
How to Reach Cairn Hill, Ooty?
Since Cairn Hill is only a 5 km drive away from the center of Ooty, it can be easily accessed by tourists via all modes of local transportation. You can either look for an auto-rickshaw or hire a taxi from the list of top car rental companies in Ooty for a hassle-free commutation to your desired location within the hill station.
Please note that Ooty doesn’t have its own airport. So, if you’re planning to travel via air, you need to catch a flight to Coimbatore International Airport. After reaching there, you’ll find several options that will help you get to Ooty in your comfort.
For experiencing a smooth train journey, Mettupalayam Railway Station is considered the nearest and most convenient railway station in Ooty. It receives frequent train services from the metro cities of India regularly, so you don’t have to worry about anything.
Lastly, there is always an option of enjoying a road trip by a private or a public-owned bus or through your own vehicle. If you love driving, you can self-drive all the way to Ooty. Or if you’re traveling with someone who cannot sit in a car for long hours, you can go for a luxury bus with an AC facility. The choice is yours!
Among the popular hill stations in India, Ooty is one such place that attracts tourists of all kinds, whether you’re a wanderer, a sightseeing explorer, a wildlife enthusiast, a thrill seeker, or someone who loves spending time with family. To explore its best, there is nothing better than availing of our all-inclusive Ooty tour packages.
We at Ooty Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, strive hard to cater to the varied needs of our clientele and leave no stone unturned to bring a smile to your face. You can ask our team to alter the package as per your requirements and we will be happy to do the same for you. Don’t forget to check the available travel deals to enjoy your trip at pocket-friendly prices. Please fill out the Contact Us form to know more about our offerings.