The Queen of Nilgiris, Ooty has always amazed people with its scenic beauty and cool climate. Also known as Udhagamandalam, Ooty presents a fine blend of the serene environment with a picture-perfect setting to please your senses and offers a kind of experience that delights people of all age groups.
Home to stunning waterfalls, beautiful lakes, lush-green botanical gardens, terraced plantations, and natural viewpoints that are dotted with numerous churches, wildlife sanctuaries, divine temples, and heritage places, it is this contrast that makes Ooty an idyllic destination for a peaceful and relaxing getaway.
The thing that sets it apart from the other popular holidaying destinations in India is the combination of mesmerizing meadows, pleasant ambiance, and verdant forests that hypnotizes everyone, whether you’re in Ooty for a few days or a week. Another important aspect of this romantic hill station that is yet to be explored by many is the plethora of amusement and theme parks.
Ooty has the best entertainment parks that encourage you to step out of the comfort of your favorite resort in Ooty and indulge in some adrenaline-fuelled activities. They are perfect for solo travelers, couples, and families with children to have a great time under one roof, forgetting about the monotonous life for some time.
So, if you want to add a fun element to your Ooty tour, you should definitely take some time off from your schedule to visit these amusement parks that are loved by one and all.
1. Black Thunder Theme Park
Fill your day with loads of fun, happiness, excitement, and adventure at Black Thunder Theme Park. Considered as the best water theme park in and around Asia, the Black Thunder Theme Park, perched against the awe-inspiring Nilgiri Hills, presents its visitors with a wide variety of leisure and recreational activities that are sure to keep you occupied all day long. It’s a powerhouse of entertainment for all age groups and indeed a must-visit destination for adventure seekers.
Sprawling over an area of 75 acres of land, the Black Thunder Theme Park features an amazing collection of dry rides and water rides along with a resort where you can enjoy a staycation after you’re done with the sight tour of the popular sightseeing places in Ooty.
Here you can also try your hand at Boating, Mud Karting, Bungee Jumping, Zorbing, Hot Air Balloon ride, and Camel ride to make the most of your visit to this park. Several other fascinating attractions such as an Aquarium, Bird Park, 5D Theatre, and a Horror House are available within the premises for your enjoyment. What else?
One can also discover the flavors of a wide range of culinary delights at the on-site restaurants and food stalls in the theme park. The Black Thunder Water Theme Park also offers various packages at great prices to the school groups, college-goers, and corporate people.
- Location: Nagapattinam-Coimbatore-Gundlupet Highway, Mettupalayam, Tamil Nadu
- Entry Fee: INR 840 per person for adults, INR 740 per person for children (between 85 cm to 140 cm), INR 650 per person for college students, and INR 550 per person for school students
- Timings: Open from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM on weekdays i.e., from Monday to Friday. On weekends, it welcomes its tourists from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM every day.
- Distance: 40 km from Coimbatore International Airport, 1.3 km from Ooty Centre
2. Thunder World Amusement Park
If you’re looking for an altogether different experience on your Ooty tour, you should look nowhere else than the Thunder World Amusement Park. Often referred to as a Dinosaur Park, the Thunder World Amusement Park is a theme park that promises to offer oodles of entertainment with the best of its facilities.
The prime attraction of this amusement park is the Jurassic Jungle which introduces you to the world of dinosaurs. It features different models of various types of dinosaurs with each model providing detailed information about each dinosaur. Not only do these models look as real as they can be, but they also prove to be a fantastic source to educate the children about this category of reptiles.
Another highlight is the Haunted House where you can meet the spooky characters in 5D. There is also a Vortex section that showcases a diverse range of 3D paintings with an illusion effect. Other than that, this amusement park also boasts a camera museum and 5D Theatre along with the replicas of the famous monuments of India including the Golden Temple, Taj Mahal, India Gate, and the Howrah Bridge.
Do not forget to experience the snow at the Snow World. You can also munch on your favorite snack items in between the enchanting rides to satisfy your hunger to the fullest.
- Location: North Lake Rd, Mani Vihar, Kathadimattam, Ooty, Tamil Nadu
- Entry Fee: Although the entry fee to cross the main gate of the Thunder World Amusement Park is INR 10 per person, there are separate charges for other attractions. For example, for dry rides in the amusement park, you’ll need to pay INR 450 per person; for wet rides in the amusement park, it charges INR 800 per person; for a combo pack (includes the wet and dry rides in the amusement park), the park again cost INR 800 per person. And if you visit Deer Park without any rides, you’ll be charged to pay INR 300 per person.
- Timings: Open from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM on all days from April to October month and then from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM on all days from November to March month.
- Distance: 86 km from Coimbatore International Airport, 1.7 km from Ooty Centre
3. Eagle Dares Adventure Park
Meant for adventure seekers, the Eagles Dares Adventure Park, nestled just a short stroll away from the famous Doddabetta Peak, takes care of your entertainment quotient in its true sense. This adventure camp invites you to bring out the best of adventure in you by indulging in various exhilarating activities like Rappelling, Zip Lining, Sky Bridge, Rock Climbing, Commando Net, Valley Crossing, and Zip Swing.
This unspoiled site also offers the facility of well-appointed cottages where you can enjoy a good quality sleep and wake up to the jaw-dropping views of the hilly meadows all around. An in-house restaurant for experiencing fine dining is also there at the Eagle Dares Adventure Park for your convenience.
- Location: Thalayathimund, Ooty, Tamil Nadu
- Entry Fee: INR 300 per person (for any 1 game), INR 500 per person for any 2 games, INR 1500 per person for a combo pack.
- Timings: Open from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all days
- Distance: 93 km from Coimbatore International Airport, 3.4 km from Ooty Centre
So, these are a few of the amusement and theme parks in Ooty that will undoubtedly transform your Ooty tour into an unforgettable memory you’ll cherish forever. You’ll love coming back here time and time again if you wish to do something unique and different than just roaming around popular lakes, botanical gardens, waterfalls, dams, and other natural spots.
These entertainment parks are sure to uplift your mood every time you make your presence here. All you need to do is to carry all the essential things you’ll need during your visit to these amusement parks and see how the fun unrolls itself!
If you need any assistance with your Ooty trip planning, you can get in touch with our team of professionals. We at Ooty Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, design a variety of all-inclusive Ooty tour packages that cater to everyone’s vacation needs. Depending on your holiday duration, our team can also assist you in customizing the travel packages and help you shortlist the itinerary so that you can cover all the must-visit tourist attractions in Ooty.
For your ease, we have also curated a list of top car rental companies in Ooty from where you can book a cab of your choice to travel within the hill station at your own comfort. Please note that all our travel packages are pocket-friendly, so you don’t have to worry about going overboard with your hard-earned money to enjoy your trip to the fullest. To know more about us, we request you to fill in the Contact Us form.